• LYNN GARDEN OPTIMIST signups — for ages 3-16 with offerings for T-ball, baseball and softball — will be held every Saturday, from 1-4 p.m., through March 16 at the Lynn Garden Restaurant. Fees are $35 for T-ball and $45 for baseball and softball. If unable to attend in person, sign up online at LGOCSports.com.
• 37th BOWL FOR KIDS’ SAKE, a fundraising event for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, is coming up in the spring at bowling lanes in our region. Participants form teams and raise money through a fundraising page at BowlForKidsToday.org. Events in our area will be held Friday, April 12 at the Bass Pro Shop in Bristol and Saturday, April 13 at Warpath Lanes in Kingsport. Company or civic organization sponsorships are available. To learn more, go online at BowlforKidsToday.org.
• GLOW DODGEBALL, for ages 16 and older and hosted by the Kingsport Parks and Recreation Department, will be held Friday, March 8, from 7 p.m.-1 a.m., at the V.O. Dobbins Center, 301 Louis St., Kingsport. Teams of six with two substitutes are allowed for the event featuring foam dodgeballs. Fee is $2. Call (423) 224-2489 or email email@example.com.
• ANNUAL KIDS FISHING DAY, for kids 12-under, will be held Saturday, April 27, from noon-3 p.m., at Natural Tunnel State Park, 1420 Natural Tunnel Pkwy., Duffield. Registration will start at 10 a.m. Please bring your own fishing tackle. Visit the Natural Tunnel State Park Facebook page to learn more about events at the park.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHAMPIONSHIP Coaching Clinic, with former Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer as the headline speaker, will be held March 1-3 at the Music Road Resort in Pigeon Forge. The cost to attend is $60 for coaches and wives. East Tennessee State defensive coordinator Billy Taylor also will be among the speakers. Call (865) 471-3466 for more information. Registration fees can be mailed to Carson-Newman Football Coaching Clinic, Ken Sparks Athletic Complex, 904 E. Mountcastle St., Jefferson City, TN 37760.
• ETSU WALK-ON TRYOUT meeting for all ETSU students interested in walking on to the football team will be held Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. in the Football Team Room, located inside W141 at the Mini Dome. The meeting will inform students of the requirements that must be completed by March 4, prior to the Wednesday, March 6 tryout. For more information about this meeting or for those who have conflicts with this date, email Price Partrick and/or Hunter Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. A follow-up meeting will be held on Monday, March 4 at noon at the Football Team Meeting Room. Further details and deadlines will be discussed for documentation. Visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link for more information on ETSU football.
• LONESOME PINE COUNTRY CLUB is offering golf lessons for children ages 8-12. Chris Stacy and David Harvey will hold a five-series get-golf-ready lesson package for $75. The package is available to young golfers of all abilities but focused toward novice and beginning juniors. Call (276) 523-0739 for more information.
• LONESOME PINE CC TOUGHMAN Kickoff Tournament is set for Saturday, March 16 at the course in Big Stone Gap. Fun is the goal of the day for the two-person, select-shot, 18-hole event that uses the Peoria handicapping system and tees off at 10 a.m. Fees for the scramble are $25 for LPCC members and $40 for nonmembers. Call the pro shop at (276) 523-0739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A FREE TRAPPER TRAINING CAMP, for all ages and hosted by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the Tennessee Fur Harvesters, will be held March 15-17 at TWRA’s Hiwassee Refuge in Meigs County near the Hamilton County community of Birchwood. The camp will include instruction on live trapline, fur handling, set making, snaring and trap modification. Check-in will begin with registration on Friday from 5-6:45 p.m. Contact John Daniel with the Tennessee Fur Harvesters by calling (423) 595-0986 or via email at email@example.com
• CRUMLEY HOUSE Joggin’ for the Noggin’ 5K will be held Saturday, March 23, beginning at 10 a.m., at 300 Urbana Road, Limestone. The Crumley House is a nonprofit brain injury rehabilitation center providing services to individuals and families who sustained a traumatic brain injury. Register online at athlinks.com/event/joggin-for-the-noggin-5k-136014; fee is $25 until March 16 and $30 from March 17 through race day. To learn more or to provide sponsorship, call the Crumley House at (423) 257-3644.
• THE DEVILS DASH 5K, a fundraiser for the Gate City Big Blue Booster Club, will be held Saturday, April 20, beginning at 9 a.m., in downtown Gate City. Age groups offered are 10-under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70-up. Entry fee is $25. Register online at runsignup.com (search Devils Dash 5K), email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a registration form mailed, or pick up a registration form in the GCHS office.
• LADY BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID Camp, for girls ages 14-18, will be held Sunday, March 17, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at East Tennessee State’s Summers-Taylor Stadium in Johnson City. Registration is $75 per player. Go online at ladybucsocceracademy.com to learn more or to register.
• MILLIGAN MEN’S SOCCER Summer Day Camps, for boys and girls ages 6-14, will be held June 3-6 and July 8-11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on the Milligan campus. Fee is $165 per week. Registration forms are available online at milliganbuffs.com, and checks can be made payable to Milligan Soccer, P.O. Box 500, Milligan College, TN 37682. Call the men’s soccer at (423) 461-8469 or email coach Kyle Findlay at email@example.com to learn more.
• ETSU BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY camps for male soccer players are coming up this summer at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex. The half-day (ages 5-14, 8:45 a.m.-noon; cost: $145) and full-day camps (ages 7-14, 8:45 a.m.-4 p.m.; cost: $220) are set for June 10-13 and the Elite Residential Camp is set for July 17-20 (ages 12-up; cost: $375 for commuters and $475 for residential). For more information, go online at bucssocceracademy.com or contact Josh Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 439-8437.
• ETSU MEN’S SOCCER will hold open tryouts on Thursday, Feb. 28, from 4-5 p.m. at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex in Johnson City. The tryout is open to any full-time student at ETSU interested in playing soccer for the Bucs. Email coach Josh Scott at email@example.com. Email Scott or call (423) 439-8437 with questions.
• SLOW-PITCH SENIOR SOFTBALL LEAGUE at Johnson City’s Winged Deer Park, open to men of all abilities who will turn at least 60 years old this year, is now registering. The season will start in early March and run through October. League play is every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. till noon. Registration cost is $40 per individual, which includes a new cap and shirt, and there’s free winter conditioning from 1-2 p.m. each Tuesday and Thursday during February at the Keystone building gym next to the Johnson City Seniors Center parking lot. Registration during regular business hours also is available at the center or go online at tricitiesseniorsoftball.com for more information and to download the registration form, which you can mail. Eventually, forms will be in other nearby senior centers. Call Charlie Mattioli (543-1962), Ron Settle (217-8372) or Bill Wright (631-1208) for more information.
• LYNN GARDEN OPTIMIST signups — for ages 3-16 with offerings for softball, T-ball and baseball — will be held every Saturday, from 1-4 p.m., through March 16 at the Lynn Garden Restaurant. Fees are $35 for T-ball and $45 for softball and baseball. If unable to attend in person, sign up online at LGOCSports.com.
• SOFTBALLNATION’S BASH for the Cash will be held March 16-17 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Divisions offered are men’s silver, bronze, women’s, and men’s 40-over. Entry fee is $250 and there’s a three-game guarantee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (276) 210-8072.