• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND PRO Showcase Baseball Camp will be held Nov. 3-4 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 29 and $195 with a $50 deposit after that date. For more information, contact coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615, or go online at tusculumpioneers.com and click the Baseball tab.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• ANNUAL CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, for kids ages 4-16 and sponsored by VFW Post 9754, Buffalo Springs Fish Hatchery, CASVA Angus Farm and Food City, will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, from 8:30-10 a.m., at Jaycees Park, 455 North Central Ave., Church Hill. Age divisions are 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16, and the event is free and open to the community. In addition to trophies, doughnuts and drinks, there will a chance to win a new bicycle. Register your child at Church Hill City Hall or at Jaycees Park before 8 a.m. the day of the event. Call the Recreation Department at (423) 357-7010 with questions.
• TRAILBLAZER GOLF SCRAMBLE, benefitting the Daniel Boone golf team, is set for Saturday, Oct. 6 at Graysburg Hills. Cost for the four-person select-shot event is $55 per player. Sign-in is at 7 a.m. followed by an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Sponsorship signs are available for $100 each. Call Scott Martin at 737-6128.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• SOUL 2 SOLE 5K, benefiting the Weber City and Gate City volunteer fire departments, will be held Sunday, Sept. 23, starting at 5 p.m. Organized by First Baptist Church of Weber City, the certified 5K course will start at the Gate City High School stadium, go through town and finish at the church’s community campus. To register, go online at runsignup.com/Race/VA/GateCity/316Soul2Sole5K or pick up an entry form at the church. Registration fee is $25 per person and is open until the day of the event.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, presented by The Goose Chase, will be held on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Founders Park in Johnson City. The Kid’s Race begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, go online at thegoosechase.org/bluegrass-half-marathon-relays.
• TUSCULUM FALL PROSPECT CAMP will be held Sunday, Sept. 23, from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Red Edmonds Softball Field on the Greeneville campus. Cost is $125 and the deadline is Sept. 17. Contact coach Julie Huebner at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5131, or email email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL Swim School for ages 4 and up is registering for a final fall session Sept. 18-Oct. 11 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $125. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com for more information.
• EASTMAN RECREATION women’s and mixed (six-person) volleyball leagues are now forming. All play will be on Mondays. Practice begins Sept. 17 and the season begins Oct. 15 at the V.O. Dobbins and Lynn View community centers. Entry fee is $100 per team. Those interested in organizing a team should call Jack Henry at 384-1765 or the Eastman Recreation Office at 229-3771. A managers’ meeting will be held Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m. in B-310. Rosters and entry fee should be submitted by that date. Go online at eastmanrecreationclub.com.
• YWCA OF NORTHEAST TENNESSEE and Southwest Virginia is offering a volleyball league for co-ed quad teams. Play, which will be held on Thursday evenings, will begin Nov. 9. Cost is $25 per player; team registration deadline is Monday, Nov. 6. Call the YWCA at (423) 968-9444 or email Patty Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Anyone interested in playing pickle ball also may contact Bailey.