Upcoming Events as of Dec. 16
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:30 AM
The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times-News. To submit an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax listing information to (423) 392-1385 or contact the Sports Department after 6 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 4323. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• 6th DANIEL NORRIS PITCHING CAMP, for ages 9-13, is scheduled for Jan. 11, from 9 a.m.-noon at RBI Tri-Cities, 604 Rolling Hills Dr., Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com.
• KING MEN’S BASKETBALL is conducting a free clinic for boys and girls grades K-5 the first Monday of each month through March. Each session will be held from 6:15-7:30 p.m., and the clinic runs through March. Call Coach Pitts at (423) 652-4781 to learn more.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email email@example.com.
• ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE, conducted by Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation, will register teams from Nov. 21-Dec. 18. Men’s and women’s leagues are offered and the format is 3-on-3 halfcourt. Each roster must have no more than eight players and players may be on only one roster. Cost is $100 per team. To enter a team, pick up a roster and return it to the Recreation Office, 300 East Main Blvd., Church Hill. For more information, call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 or email Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS BASKETBALL tournament, hosted by the Carter County Sports Hall of Fame, will be held on Dec. 26. The tournament is for grades 6-7 and eighth, boys and girls. For more information or to enter a team, call (423) 470-9248 or email email@example.com.
• FIRST DAY HIKE at Grandfather Mountain State Park is Wednesday, Jan. 1, on the Lower Profile Trail. Hiking boots are strongly recommended for the 1.5-mile round-trip hike, which will start at 1 p.m. Bring water and snacks and meet at the Profile parking area, 4198 Hwy 105 South, in Banner Elk, N.C., at 1 p.m.
• 6th WINTER SOFTBALL Hitting and Pitching camp is set for Jan. 25, from 9 a.m.-noon at RBI Tri-Cities, 604 Rolling Hills Dr., Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more.