• VIRGINIA-WISE SHOWCASE CAMPS and Clinics for high school age and junior-college baseball players. First event is Oct. 4 and the second is Oct. 25. Cost is $25. For more information, go online at uvawisecavs.com and click on the Camps tab.
• CLEVELAND STATE IS HOSTING TWO fall baseball tournaments at Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, Tenn., for 18-under high school or select teams. The deadline to enter the Sept. 19-20 tourney (four-game pool play, eight-team limit) is Sept. 12; cost is $350 and a dozen balls. Deadline to enter the Oct. 17-18 tourney (four-game pool play, eight-team limit) is Oct. 10; cost is $350 and a dozen balls. For more information, contact Aaron Bryant at Cleveland State Community College at (423) 473-2445 or email@example.com.
• FLAMES BASEBALL player evaluations will be held at Domtar Park field No. 3 in Kingsport on Thursday, Sept. 17. Evaluations will be for middle school, junior varsity and varsity spring baseball teams. Any child that is home-schooled or attends a private school that does not offer a baseball program is eligible to play. Contact Mike Royston at (423) 335-2436 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• TRI-CITIES TITANS BASEBALL will hold tryouts for the 16-under and 15-under teams for the summer 2016 season on Wednesday, Sept. 16 at Sullivan North High School, starting at 6 p.m. To learn more, email email@example.com.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE MEN’S AND WOMEN’S basketball clinics at V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex on Sept. 19.The clinics are for girls and boys ages 6-18. The girls’ clinic is from 9 a.m. to noon followed by the boys’ clinic from 1-3 p.m. Cost is $10 per player. For more information, call (423) 224-2489 or email ReneeEnsor@Kingsporttn.gov.
• SIGNUPS FOR SHOOTING STARS/YMCA 13th annual 3-on-3 youth basketball league, for boys and girls grades 4-12, run through September. Entry fee is $150 per team. Games played weekends only at Science Hill in Johnson City. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• INDIAN BASKETBALL LEAGUE is an elementary fall basketball league for boys and girls grades 2-6 hosted by Dobyns-Bennett. The league will be conducted by the D-B staff with a focus on fundamentals. For more information, email email@example.com or pick up registration forms at the D-B activities office. Forms also may be accessed through the D-B boys basketball website.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC is accepting registration for youth basketball. Leagues offered for boys ages 5-17 and girls ages 5-15. Participants must live inside the Kingsport city limits, attend Kingsport city schools and/or own property in the city of Kingsport. Registration fee is $20 per child (jersey fee not included) and will take place at the Civic Auditorium in the Athletics Office from Sept. 8-Oct. 9 for ages 5-12 and Sept. 8-Oct. 30 for ages 13-17. For more information, call (423) 229-9459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM sixth-grade boys travel basketball tryouts are underway. Call (423) 833-8431 for more information.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department will start conditioning for football July 20 from 6:30-8 p.m. at Church Hill Elementary School fields. Conditioning will be held every Monday and Thursday. All players ages 6-12 are welcome to attend. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
• COMMUNITY CARES INVITATIONAL golf tournament, Sunday, Sept. 20 at Graysburg Hills in Chuckey. Event is hosted by Company Noise and benefits Help Our Potential Evolve (HOPE). Format is four-person select shot with an entry fee of $100 per player ($75 if registered by Sept. 6). Sign up at www.companynoise.com.
• THE SECOND ANNUAL CARL KNOX Memorial Golf Classic will be held Saturday, Sept. 26 at Tri-Cities Golf Club in Blountville. Shotgun start is 8 a.m. Format is four-man teams with select shot. Cost is $55 per person, $220 per team. Proceeds benefit Cedar View Christian School in Kingsport. Sign up on or before Sept. 21 by calling (423) 245-6341.
• PAWS GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER will be held at Tri-Cities Golf Course on Oct. 10, starting at noon. Deadline to enter is Oct. 6. Entry fee is $50 per person, $200 per team for this 4-person Captain’s Choice Scramble. For more information, contact Allen White at (423) 612-2400 or email him at email@example.com.
• YWCA BRISTOL IS OFFERING a fall pickleball league, which started Thursday, Sept. 10. The league is open to adults at all skill levels. Cost is $20 per player. Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton and Ping-Pong. For more information or to sign up, contact Patty at YWCA Bristol at (423) 968-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• YWCA TURKEY TROT conditioning program runs from Sept. 21 to Nov. 14. This is an eight-week training program for the 35th annual Women’s Turkey Trot and Gobbler’s Gait 5K run/walk. The conditioning program is free for YW Fitness Spa members and $80 for non-members. For more information, call (423) 968-9444.
• EAST TENNESSEE STATE HOMECOMING 5K, hosted by ETSU’s Child Study Center and the Department of Campus Recreation, will be held Saturday, Sept. 26, starting at 9 a.m. The course will begin and end at the Wayne G. Basler Center for Physical Activity in Johnson City. Online registration is available at Campus Recreation’s website, www.etsu.edu/students/campusrec/, the Child Study Center’s site, www.etsu.edu/coe/child/center/, or on race day, starting at 8:30 a.m. A Fun Run for children and their families will begin at 9:30 a.m., and games and activities will be offered until noon outside the Center for Physical Activity. All proceeds will benefit the Child Study Center. For more information, contact Campus Recreation at (423) 439-7980 or email@example.com or the Child Study Center at (423) 439-4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, 15-mile trail race, Saturday, Sept. 26, 8 a.m., Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. Trail Runner Trophy Series; SFTC Long Distance Series; SFTC Trail Series Competition; SFTC King & Queen Competition; SFTC 2012 & 2009 Shirt of the Year Award; SFTC 2014, 2011 & 2008 Race of the Year Award; RRCA Tennessee State Cross Country Championship. For more information, contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 (office), email email@example.com or visit www.MarkSkeltonLawOffice.com.
• 38TH ANNUAL NFS APPLEFEST RoadRace/Walk , a 4-mile run and 3K walk, will be held Oct. 3, beginning at 9 a.m., in Erwin. Call (423) 743-3361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• VIBE 5 STARS & STRIDES, Saturday, Oct. 17 at Warriors Path State Park at 7:45 p.m. Proceeds to benefit the Dobyns-Bennett Quarterback Club and local veterans. Visit www.vibe5k.com for more information. Use code DBQCS and save $5 on entry fee.
• CARSON-NEWMAN IS HOSTING several winter soccer camps at its Jefferson City campus. An eight-session fall/winter skills camp, for players 6-12, will be held Nov. 9, 13, 16, 20, 23 and 30 and Dec. 4 and 7; fee is $100. Two winter ID camps, designed for high school players making the leap to the college level, are set for Jan. 30 (women) and Feb. 6 (men); cost is $60 each. For more information, email email@example.com or call (865) 471-3520.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department will start conditioning for outdoor soccer July 20 from 6:30-8 p.m. at Church Hill Elementary School fields. Conditioning will be held every Monday and Thursday. All players ages 7-13 are welcome to attend. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
• FC DALLAS TRI COMPETITIVE PROGRAMS in Kingsport, Johnson City and Bristol are accepting registrations. Play also includes the new Tri-Cities League. Learn more online at FCDallasTri.org.
• LADY BOOM 8-UNDER SOFTBALL team will hold tryouts for the spring 2016 season from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 27 at the Grogan Park softball fields in Gate City. Contact Matt Porter at (423) 999-5944 for more information.
LADY BOOM 10-UNDER SOFTBALL team will hold tryouts for the spring 2016 season from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 27 at the Grogan Park softball fields in Gate City. Contact Jason Page at (423) 360-9300 for more information.
• CHAC REBEL WRESTLING will be interviewing for the position of head coach and assistant coaches for one of the premier AAU programs in the Tri-Cities. Individuals with wrestling experience are encouraged to email Lewis Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call coach Doug Badon at (423) 335-3045 for further information. The club practices three nights a week from October to early March. A coaching stipend may be available based upon experience.